Monday, April 11, 2011

Leaving New Orleans . . .

Originally written on: August 13, 2010
I loved my experience getting to know New Orleans for almost two years. I knew it was perfect for me when I first stepped foot in the fantastic French Quarter. The Music still plays in my mind and heart. I can still here the bands playings, the horns, the drums, the Cajun twang filling the bouncy air that is New Orleans. I regret a teeny tiny bit that I didn't get to fully indulge everything about New Orleans and its hidden treasures. But I had a great time exploring what I could see and uncover the few times I visited The French Quarter. Seeing buildings that look like nothing on the outside, but as soon as you enter, its a Fabulous Art Gallery, that looks like an expensive Business Office, fit with sculptures made from stone, dancing bodies, covered in flowing fabric and wings. Or finding streets filled with shops filled with Antiques!

'An Artistic Expression for New Orleans' (here I began to write, the inner Poet I presume, has gotten out)
My heart was racing at the site of Beautiful furniture that seemed to be fit for a King and Queen. Boxes set on shelves with dust and price tags of expensive Detailed silver wear for dinner tables. Old Grand Father clocks, so old they seem very wise as they sit and tower over you. Delicate china sit untouched for years, as they wait patiently to be purchased along with their Glass paneled cabinet homes. Fur hats and Shawls made of Mink and Fox lay draped and seem to be sleeping peacefully until they're bought, wrapped up, and worn again, first time since the 1950s. Shiny Jewelry made from the 30s and 40s, sparkle and drip over their displays, catching your eyes as the minimal sunlight allows them to be seen, like a brief striptease.

Entertainingly enough that was just Two shops I had the opportunity to explore. It was heaven, completely divine Vintage Heaven.

" My heart will long to Come back, I can hear the Ghostly call of New Orleans echoing down the alley ways. Music Plays and haunts me, like a good Dream. I can hear it play and play endlessly but yet I can not find where its coming from. Someone once said, "Once she has got you, once you are enthralled by the Beauty, Thrill, and Joy, you are hers." New Orleans has got me, the only woman and last woman, to ever keep me coming back for more.
I will make my return to New Orleans one day, there is room enough in my heart for a few People, and you are one of them. "
New Orleans Show Girl. Model: Nona Narcisse.

No comments:

Post a Comment