Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Garza Pin-Ups Design!!

Hello Glamour Bunnies, that is a new term I have coined for the Pretty Ladies that enjoy my Art. Sort of my version of Lady Gagas's Little Monsters. I do believe it suits ;)

Now lets get down to business, this Blog has been created as a place to come an view my ever growing stacks of Pin-Up and Nudie Art. As well as a way to see what this little naughty Artiste has been up too . . . but I dont wanna get too personal . . . though as I type that I doubt myself, cause Im bound to post something that just urks me and is to Juicy not to share, though I may hold my tounge, I know better . . . "lets just see about that." Says my cat, Wossum.

My name is Xavier Z. Garza, Im a Pin-Up Artist. I love painting women, and always will. Ever since I was little I had been attracted to drawing women. From silly little nude stick figures, to the various portraits of The Spice Girls, to all things "girly." If it was cute and Pink or Glamourous in anyway, I wanted to draw it and  imagine it, have it in front of my eyes. When I was about 8 or 9, I was convinced I was going to become a Singer, singing had always been dream of mine a big passion, though I wasnt very good, I still thougt somehow my voice would, by the hands of God, be Miraculous!!!! . . . so much for that dream. I'd record my voice when I was younger, singing along to my favorite singers and groups of the time. The Spice Girls, Hanson, Jewel, and Selena. I was very proud of my little recording sessions (recording over my older sisters cassette tapes :P). My little dream of becoming a Singer was kept to myself, I would only sing in my Room, to my toys or an imaginary audience. I assumed my little concerts were private, as my mother and big sister were listening from the other side of the door. How rude, they didnt even pay . . . like my toy dinosaurs did.

My interest in art didnt fully manifest itself until about Junior High. My parents noticed me drawing more and more on my School Books and notebook paper. So they told me, "This paper is for Writing and this is for drawing." It helped, though I never payed attention to paper with lines again . . . :P I remember having to decided in 6th Grade what elective I wanted after choir, I wasnt a very good singer, so I went for the next best thing I enjoyed doing, Art. I would spend my every waking hour drawng to my little hearts content, by this time in JH, my mother bought me a calendar by Husband and Wife Artists, Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell. They were Fantasy artists, mermaids, dragons, serpents, goddess' and other worldy, ethereal women, strong and beautiful. That art was so fantastic, so that first calender sent me into the realm of Women as my subject for all my Art. Boris and Julies art taugt me about shading and lighting. How to draw an define the human body, to its most perfect physique. I learned about muscles, and how different parts of the body look from different angles. Also, snippets of my interest in fashion design started to show . . . though I didnt know it at the time.

Not only was my interest for art Amazonian women, I had another love to recreate with my eyes, a special little cartoon character, known as Betty Boop. Betty is where my interest in old Hollywood would spring from, but not for many years later. From 6th Grade to the beginning of Freshman year, I was known as "The one who draws Betty Boop." I would draw Betty, not just in her singnature Red Dress but I tried to modernize her in the Years fashions. My favorite singers/bands of the time were Britney Spears, No Doubt, Pink, and Shakira, so Betty Boop was dressed to their equations.

Betty Boop and Fantasy Art were my main interests in Art till about mid way through High School. In 2004, when Martin Scorsese's "The Aviator" came out, I was introduced to Jean Harlow. She was the first Starlette to catch my eye, and I wanted to draw nothing but Jean Harlow. As the the months went on, and I continued to re watch "The Aviator" my interest in Jean only fueled my Artistic Passion in Old HollyWood and its Glamour. I was entranced and in love. Around the time that Jean Harlow came into my life, I was also introduced to another Artist's work, one who would change my Artistic course for the next years of my Life.

Her name is Olivia De Berardinis. She is the High Priestess of Pin-Up Art. I first saw her work in PlayBoy Magazine, my Best friend, Dannie and I would look through her dads stash of PlayBoys, the first thing Id turn to was the Olivia page. I wanted to draw like her. I wanted to set out and create Art like hers. I set out to conquer the Pin-Up world with my Versions of classic beauties. With studying Olivias pin-ups, and as years went on I discovered the work of Classic Pin-Up Artists, like Vargas, who I knew of. George Petty, and Gil Elvgren, my soul became alive and I wanted to make art just like them, so here I am so far, with my first real big collection of Pin-Ups I started in 2009. Never giving up, still practicing and still going, trying to get the world to notice this Pin-Up Artist.

More to come Glamour Bunnies . . . I need to go home and eat . . . and read . . . and sleeeep.

Bye ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment