Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dreaming of being in Playboy . . . like Vargas.

Dear Glammour Bunnies,

Did you know that my interest and desire to do pin-up began when I came across a painting of Bettie Page by the ever great Olivia? It was in Playboy magazine, my bestfriend's father would get the magazine in the mail, and we would open it from its plastic wrapper and flip through the pages and look at the pretty girls but my favorite part of the whole magazine was to always look for the Olivia pin-up and rip it out . . . before her father got to the magazine. My interest in pinup grew more and more as I came across her books and then back to the master, Alberto Vargas.

My interest in Playboy also grew, since pin-up is the basis of many of the images and photos in the magazine. I found and endlss array of models and ideas. My favorite women to study from were the models from early palyboy, 50s and 60s playmates and bunnies. My dream to once take over the throne of Olivia grew and started me off in a realm in which I felt comfortable and ever so happy to create art. It felt right.

I dreamt of creating beautiful women that Mr. Hefner would love and caption . . . Im am very happy so far with my career, I would change nothing about my start, if I never make it to Playboy magazine, its okay because I know that Olivia, Vargas- and Playboy started me off in a path all my own.

Here I present to you two pieces with captions of their veryown, coined by me. (Sidenote: If you notice a caption that is similar to one in Playboy, please let me know and I will change it. Please provide visual proof. thankyou. )

"It's been a long night . . . care for a night cap Mr. Jones?"


"You seem exhausted Mr. Jones, would you like to relax?"

sketch of my Mother. ". . . My pair of Gloves Mr. Jones. What did you think I said?"

I hope you like what I've done with the captions and all, I am still thinking of more clever and charming ones. I am not to fond of the last caption, I am sue I can change it later on.

Love to you all Glammour Bunnies.
-Xavier

No comments:

Post a Comment