Thursday, April 25, 2013

Lana Del Rey

Since coming to know of Lana Del Rey and her music I was determined to paint her. She is, visually a well put together creation with which I draw inspiration from. I love vintage things and old timey gals, she sorta reaks old Hollywood Glam not to mention she seems to always be dolled up in 60s gear. I love 1960s girls. So with that being said ... which was some of my brain letting loose lol ... I've begun a conquest to create a pinup of LDR. It was tough, she has a very sculpted face and very delicate features all in one. I first thought it'd be easy to draw her. As I realized it was not all fun and games. Months passed and I haven't really given up, I have finally a completed a water color study and pencil piece. 
The images below are pretty much the development of the idea. Hope it is enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment