Wednesday, June 20, 2012

~Two Lovelies in Progress~

Dear Glammour Bunnies,

Today I thought I'd share two pin-ups, One is a work in progress. The other was completed and  done for my Father for Fathers Day. So, let's get to it!

Pin-Up #1: Portrait of Perle Noire.
Perle Noire pencil drawing.
The first photo I have shown above is a detail shot of a drawing done in pencil. I'd show the whole image on here but I don't want to risk the image being "stolen" and duplicated else where. So to be safe a detail shot will be supplied. This drawing is 18" x 24" in paper. The original will be forsale at $300. If interested email garzapinups@gmail.com


Detail shot: Perle Noire painting
In the second photo above I have shown is a detail shot of what is to be the final painting completed in color with Watercolors. I have so far begun adding in paint very lightly, starting with applying a light outline with Burnt Sienna and then putting in light washes/layers of Burnt Sienna. Once there is an even coat, I will begin to apply Burnt Umber for her beautiful skin tone. 
Half full shot: Perle Noire painting.
The third photo above is a half full shot of the painting. Her final outfit was going to be all black lingerie but her perfomances and costumes are so colorful and lively that I thought, "Why Shouldn't her lingerie be the same?" The final painting will be forsale when completed, prices to come.

Pin-Up #2: Happy Fathers Day!

Detail shot: Fathers Day Pin-Up.
For the first photo above it is a shot of the first rough draft or sketch for a painting I did for my father, a retired Marine. The girl will be wearing a camo-top. Most drawings end up this way, very loose and not much filled in, shading wise. No reason really, if they get completed into a full drawing so be it, if it stays a loose line drawing such as this, no worries. Really the final painting is the goal usually for me.

Note to Self!
Alot of my sketches for future paintings usually have many notes like this all around the paper. "Note to Self," as I call 'em. They're main purpose is to remind me that there still needs to be things worked out before I start the painting. Such as "Shoes or no shoes?, Will she be Blonde or Brunette? Lengthen legs a bit or Bust Bigger." Get the picture? . . . . (small pun?)

Detail Shot: Marine Pin-Up
Third in the line-up, the painting was completed as a loose-fast study. Done in a few hours, most paintings take days to finish or even weeks! Depending on how my schedule is.

Half shot: Finished.

Here she is, all done. Wearing nothing but a camo-top and twinkle in her eye. "Happy Fathers Day!" My father loved it, this is my first painting to him. He deserves it, he's been a wonderful encouragment to me and my career. The greastest Man I know.

There you go my Glammour Bunnies, some behind the scenes snapshots into the progress of how a "Garza Pin-Up" is created. Love you all!

-Xavier Garza

No comments:

Post a Comment